My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #9: "Day Dream Believer." Describe your dream day - without a Migraine to hold you back.

Migraine Awareness Month #9:  "Day Dream Believer." Describe your dream day - without a Migraine to hold you back. 

Any day without a migraine, getting over a migraine, worrying about getting a migraine, or feeling a migraine about to come on is a dream day for me. The specifics are secondary! A nice hike or walk with my husband, doing something fun with my daughter, even just staying home and watching movies and eating junk food with the family and the dogs would be fantastic if I could forget about migraines for a day.

I think what so many people don't realize is that migraines can really take over your life. It's not just about the time that you are in pain but the time you spend thinking about the "what ifs." What if I have a migraine and can't meet my obligations? What if we have a fun day planned and I can't enjoy it because of a migraine? What if I forget to pack my meds? What if the meds don't work and I get really sick? Then there's the downward spiral of negative thoughts. What if my family really gets tired of my always being sick? What if I never feel better? What if my family would be happier without me and my constant migraines to inconvenience them? It's a constant battle against the negative thoughts taking over, especially when the migraines are chronic. No wonder depression and migraine go hand in hand so often.

source

"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!