My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Monday, June 25, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #25: "Through My Children's Eyes."

    Migraine Awareness Month #25: "Through My Children's Eyes." Write a letter to yourself from your children. 
Dear Mom,

I know it's sometimes hard to find the right gift for kids. You watch commercials; you ask friends; you wander the aisles of stores looking for just the perfect thing to make your child happy. I know that you do that for me. I know that you try. I appreciate the effort, I really do. And I love that we're close. I love that we enjoy the same TV shows, laugh at the same odd humor, and find most of humanity insufferable. I even tolerated when you highlighted your hair the same color as mine. But...

These migraines, Mom. I have to tell you that this gift sucks. It sucks more than the awful eyesight you and Dad gave me when I was in kindergarten. Don't think I forgot that one! This migraine gift tops it. No, sharing meds with you isn't cool, and yours don't even work that well for me. Plus, it's not like when you were in school and could just whip some pills or a cigarette or some pot or whatever out of your purse and head to the girls' room. I have to ask the teacher for a pass to go to the nurse to get my meds every time I get a migraine and then I miss class time, which is really inconvenient!

Why the hell did you ever think I wanted migraines?!! I really hope you can return this gift because I don't want it! I hope you're not offended or that your feelings aren't hurt. We can still be close, but you can keep the headaches--I don't want them!

Your loving daughter,

Baby Mouse

source

"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!