My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #13: "You Are Beautiful." Write yourself a love letter.

Migraine Awareness Month #13: "You Are Beautiful." Write yourself a love letter. Tell yourself how wonderful you are. Remind yourself of the things you have accomplished despite Migraines. There are times when we need to be reminded of the good things about ourselves that others see that we may have missed.

So true. Yes, I have accomplished a lot despite having migraines. Although I can't bring myself to compose a love letter to myself (not a fan of schmaltz!), I will make a list of some accomplishments to remind myself that there is more to me than these damn headaches.

  • I am a good wife and mother
  • I am a devoted and loyal daughter, sister, friend, pet owner
  • I have a Masters degree and a Ph.D. in psychology
  • I volunteer in my community
  • I just completed training to become a community mediator and a mediator for the District Court
  • I write poetry
  • I blog
  • I have taken up painting
  • I have a wicked sense of humor
  • I have NEVER backed out of a commitment because of a migraine
 Not bad for off the top of my head! Yay me!

"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

1 comment:

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!