My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Friday, June 8, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #8: "Let there be light."

Migraine Awareness Month #8:  "Let there be light." Most Migraineurs have issues with light sensitivity. What do you do to cope with it?

Ah, yes, light. So bright. So evil. Light is a double edged sword for me. If I go for too long with gloomy, overcast, rainy days, I get mopey and depressed. However, too much bright light can be a migraine trigger. I've always been VERY sensitive to light. I ALWAYS carry sunglasses with me and am never outdoors without them. When I do get a migraine, I'm even more light sensitive. I retreat to my bed, turn out the lights, close my eyes, and try to lie very, very still. Of course, with two hyper needy dogs, this often proves easier said than done. Mommy lying down in bed to them means tummy rubs and snuggles. Stinky dog with dead fish breath is not on the top of my list of recommended migraine treatments!

Migraine Barbie is ready for her day outdoors! (source)


 "National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen flashing lights like my daughter Michelle does, but any kind of light intensified my pain and anguish. Head under covers...take short breaths through the mouth and PRAY! AMEN........
    (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mouse! I've gone back to read all of your migraine posts .... beautifully written! Made a few comments ~ I do understand what you experience.

    ReplyDelete

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!