My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #27: "In my Head and Heart."

Migraine Awareness Month #27: "In my Head and Heart." Who inspires you to keep trying and not give up, despite your Migraines?

Definitely my family. They need me. I know this even though when I'm at my worst, I sometimes feel like more of a burden than a help. I know my husband loves me unconditionally as does my daughter. My two boys (the dogs) would be bereft without me! Knowing that my family depends on me keeps me going even when I'd rather give up. Since my daughter also has migraines, I want to set a good example for her of not giving up despite the pain and unfairness of this awful disease. I try not to be unrealistic and pretend that everything is great when it's not, but I also don't want to model that's I think it's okay to use migraines as an excuse for not doing one's best, avoiding responsibility, and/or not following through on commitments. I'm proud to say that despite her migraines, my daughter doesn't give in either.

Some days are just a fail (http://migraineland.tumblr.com/)

"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!