Migraine Awareness Month #4: "June Is Bustin' Out All Over!" What's the best tip you can offer others for having some summer fun despite Migraines?
Summer can be tough on us migraineurs. Heat, humidity, schedule changes, etc. can all be migraine triggers, and together, they can make summer one hell of a season. Some tips I keep in mind to mitigate the headaches:
1. Stay hydrated. Drink before you feel thirsty.
2. Don't skip meals. Low blood sugar is NOT your friend.
3. Sunglasses, sunglasses, sunglasses!!!
4. Try to keep a semi-regular sleep schedule
5. If you sleep late, remember that if you're used to a morning cup of coffee at 6 a.m., sleeping in until 10 a.m. may bring on a migraine
6. Remember to pack your rescue meds with you when you go to parties, on vacations, etc.
National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.