My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Monday, June 18, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #18: "The Price Is Right."

Migraine Awareness Month #18: "The Price Is Right." What one thing would you do for the Migraine community if money were no issue. 



 If money were no issue, I would make sure that all migraineurs could have access to whatever medication(s) were most helpful to them without worrying about how much they cost, whether they would have enough until their insurance would cover another refill, what they may have to give up in order to afford their meds, and/or the guilt of spending their family's money on expensive prescriptions that sometimes don't even help. I sometimes find myself figuring out the cost per pill and deciding whether or not my headache is "bad enough" to justify the expense of taking a dose or two. This was especially true before my prescription became available in generic form. That is just a ridiculous way to have to live, but it is the truth. And I am one of the lucky ones that has fairly good insurance and a family with a steady income. I really feel sad for those of us who don't have the money or insurance for their meds at all. It's bad enough that we have to suffer with migraine pain but to suffer more because our medication is not affordable is just wrong.


"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!